Chronic, involuntary muscular contraction known as SMA (Sensory Motor Amnesia) occurs as a response to poor movement patterns, trauma (MVA’s, falls and surgeries), stress (both physical and emotional) and repetitive physical conditioning. Some of this conditioning takes root years prior to the pain showing up. The pain becomes chronic when it has lasted more than 6 consecutive months.
Chronic pain and tension can be alleviated and eliminated with SomayYoga therapy and neuromuscular re-education work directed at your full body movement patterns alongside breath exercises, mindfulness practices, and supportive diet and lifestyle habits.
“If you want to untie a knot, you must look at the cord carefully then gently undo the tangle. Yanking on the cord will only make the knot tighter.” — Thomas Hanna
SomaYoga Therapy and its associated practices are effective in treating:
- Chronic back, butt, knee, hip and neck pain
- Frozen shoulders
- Tension headaches
- TMJ, eye strain, tension headaches and migraines
- Anxiety & depression
- Low Mood
- Spine & nerve damage
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Varicose veins
- Herniated disks
- Post natal core weakness/pelvic floor imbalance
The benefits of SomaYoga therapy include:
- Pain and nervous system education to empower clients to take back control of health by learning how to nourish the nervous system.
- Reduction of pain, through the unlearning of involuntary and poor muscular holding and movement patterns.
- Functional movement re-education and lifestyle program development for those with varied conditions included bulged disks, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and stroke recovery.
- Rehabilitate and recover from surgery or injury in a efficient and easeful manner.
- Mind-body practices and nervous system support for those living with disease such Cancer, MS, Chronic Fatigue, Crohn’s, etc.
- Rediscover easeful, joyous movement and natural strength by tapping into the brain’s control over re-educating muscles and movement patterns.
- Improved breath, body awareness and range of motion.
- Reduction of stress, anxiety and panic attacks.
- Improved self-awareness and mind body connection.
- Lower heart rate and blood pressure.
- Improved sleep and calmer mind.
- Cultivates a relaxed resilience allowing the body to handle stress and load more easily.