Carrie Meyer, Certified Yoga Therapist, Somatics Educator
It is my commitment to share with you one of the single most effective self-driven methods to alleviating pain in the world - Somatic Neuromuscular Re-education. There are many different ways that you can learn these powerful and transformative practices - if you are local book a private session, attend a workshop or class. If you afar, join my newsletter list and receive regular blog, video and other posts about interesting practices to try at home, sign up to my facebook page, download learning resources from my library or SHOP and download SomaYoga video and audio practices from the comfort of your home whereever you are.
Let me help you get on track to a pain-free and happy you.
I am proud to be an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist and a 1000 hr Certified SomaYoga Therapist with over 10 years experience in private practice. My specialities are Somatic Neuromuscular re-education, pain and nervous system education, restoring functional breathing and pelvic stability, Yoga Nidra, and mind study to eliminate pain and restore nervous system imblances due to stress, injury, pain and disease.
I have extensive training in therapeutic yoga, restorative yoga, pain science, ayurvedic lifestyle practices, yoga for cancer, yoga for depression, structural yoga therapy, adapting yoga for heart disease and back care yoga. Private SomaYoga therapy offers tools that create lasting change for willing and committed clients.
Working with our soma's in this capacity provides us the unique opportunity to listen to and witness how our bodies respond to lifestyle habits, beliefs systems, movements patterns and various loads that we put ourselves under. From this "witness" we can then begin to shift our sensory motor awareness, moving away from imbalance and pain towards ease in body, mind and spirit.
When your body is in a state of crisis (chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, inflammation and pain), you might say that it is sounding a big warning bell, hoping to be noticed, hoping that you will make a change, and try something new. That is what these practices offer.
SomaYoga therapy is new to Canada, and creates transformative changes in not only our bodies but in our lives, helping us move better from the moment we rise. We call this relaxed resilience. This ability that we cultivate and rediscover helps us stay calm in the midst of chaos and allows us the opportunity to face life from our inner wisdom and highest self. I feel there is no greater gift.
I am excited to explore the possibilities with you.
Dedicated to your health and well-being,
- IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist - Registration # 20593258
- Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute 1000 Hr Certified Yoga Therapist, September 2017
- Advanced CPR (Level C), AED and First Aid, August 2017
- Hakomi (Mindfulness Somatic Psychotherapy) Intro Course, October 2017
- David Emerson, Healing Trauma Through Yoga, Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga E-Course, December 2016
- Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute, SomaYoga Therapy & Somatics Intensive, Clinical Techniques, Oct 2015
- Essential Somatics, Somatic Exercise Coach Level 1, May 2015
- E-RYT500 Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Inner Peace Yoga Therapy Program (300 hr), 2013-14
- Yoga Therapist Certification Program Graduate, Functional Synergy, 2011
- YogaThrive (TM), Yoga Instructor Functional Synergy, 2010
- Certified Yoga Instructor (200 hr), Trinity Yoga, 2007
- Long standing member, International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- Long standing member, Yoga Alliance
- Advanced Therapeutic Thai Massage, Thai Institute of Healing Arts, 2012
- Therapeutic Thai Massage & Sen Line Theory, SacredAsia School of Thai Massage, 2010
- Fundamentals of Thai Massage, SacredAsia School of Thai Massage, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, B.Sc., University of Alberta, 1997