Work with Me
Private SomaYoga Clinical Sessions
A SomaYoga Therapist specializes in using a unique set of tools to help their clients regain balance in their body and lives. A key focus of yoga therapy is to balance the nervous system, which has become out of balance due to stress, trauma, and poor lifestyle choices. In the yogic texts this is referred to as the “kleshas” which literally means, the afflictions that distort clear thinking, clear acting and clear feeling, leading us astray from realizing our highest potential, that place of ease, happiness and joy.
Private SomaYoga therapy sessions can include:
- Pure, gentle movements - appropriate to your current movement range, health condition and functional mobility.
- Hands-on assisted somatic movements (known as pandiculations) - to retrain your nervous system and muscles, allowing you to regain conscious control over muscles and movements that have been limited by stress, trauma and dies-ease.
- Functional movement re-education - strength building and favorite sports, day-to-day activities and disease recovery.
- Mind study – learning about the four aspects of the mind; exploring mindfulness practices to bring awareness to ways that your mind affects your body and overall health. Also explored are gratitude journaling and reflection, pain monitoring, daily contemplation practices such as bringing awareness to something simple such as your intention upon falling asleep. This could also be a study of the yoga’s ethical principles and a reflection of how we value ourselves and our own self-care and its importance to reaching our health goals.
- Body Awareness practices – these could include how one stands on their feet, assessing a workstation, sleeping positions, bedtime routines, eating regimes and lifestyle habits relative to age, seasons and time of life. What tendencies bring you more into discomfort? Where is there room to adopt new habits and patterns that support ease and balance?
- Breathing techniques - to increase mood and energy or to calm anxious energy, to promote falling asleep, restful sleep or to alleviate chronic muscular tension to support pre-post surgery, chronic pain and lifestyle stress.
- Abhyanga - exploring outine and Ayurvedic daily self- care practices fostering health - Conscious diet, right exercise, sleeping well, breathing & stress management, cleansing and elimination, and self-awareness/self-reflection.
- Mantra – sounding and vocalization techniques that use vibration and energy to prevent panic attacks, increase mood, align the chakras and tissues of the body.
- Mudras – hand gestures that have the effect of directing energy into areas of the body. Mudras start electromagnetic currents within the body, which balance various constituting elements and restore health. The joining of fingers creates an effect on the human body.
SomaYoga Therapy Group Classes
Groups classes are currently held at Grace Space, Suite 200 – 100 Main Street, above Baked Café in Horwood’s Mall downtown Whitehorse, Yukon.
Workshop locations vary. Some are held at a beautiful private location within 5 minutes of Takhini Hot Springs with nature out the doorstep and including nourishing meals and outdoor excursions.
Classes vary based on season, so check back often or sign-up for regular updates via the newsletter.
- SomaYoga 101, SomaYoga Therapy – Levels 1 & 2
- Trauma Sensitive Somayoga Therapy
- Somayoga for Stroke Recovery
- Therapeutic Techniques for Core and Pelvic Stability
- Gentle Yoga
- Yoga for Stress Relief and Pain Reduction
- Rediscovering the Importance of Breath for Health
- Somayoga Therapy for Runner’s Workshop
- What’s Up Down There – Pelvic Floor Health Workshop
Pain and Nervous System Education
Research shows that the more that we understand pain and know about how the nervous works, the more that we can change our pain cycles and calm an over sensitized nervous system.
Join me for a 3-hour experiential workshop about pain and learn the important steps towards ease and freedom of movement in your body.
Yamas & Niyamas, Mindfulness Study
Join me for a 6 month self-reflection and group supported study of the Yamas and Niymas – The ethical principles of Yoga which when studied help us learn about our relationship with ourselves and others. The five yamas are self-regulating behaviors involving our interactions with the outside world and others around us. The five niyamas govern the personal practices that relate to our inner world. This study is forever rewarding and a lifelong journey tha informs and enriches our lives and is a key component of the healing journey.
ALIGN – Body, Mind & Spirit Coaching
Join me for a 6-month personalized coaching program incorporating pain education, mindfulness study, yamas and niyamas, self-care and ayurvedic practices, breath work and somatic movement practices to restore balance, wellness and ease.
Self-Care Ayurvedic Workshops
A fun and experiential workshop at a private location, just 5 minutes from Takhini Hot Springs. Learn about the 6 Pillars of Yogic Living and Daily Ayurvedic Practices - learn how to stay balanced with 6 key wellness practices, movement exploration, self- care practices and a yummy, nourishing Ayurvedic meal. Learn how a daily self-care practice can deeply nourish you, improving your overall health and well-being.
Stay tuned for the next offering or contact me and get added to the waiting list.